Monday, November 2, 2015

DreamQi Alarm Clock - Wireless Qi Charging, Bluetooth Speakers, Dual Alarm Clock

VIDEO REVIEW:

WRITTEN REVIEW:
In all candor, I REALLY like this alarm clock. I find, surprisingly, it is BETTER at charging my IPhone 6 (withiPhone 6/6s (4.7") Wireless Charging Case Built in Qi Compatible Wireless Charger Slim Back Case with Removable Lightning Connector - Enables wireless charging on your iPhone 6/6s and compatible with any Qi Enabled Dock - Requires Charging Pad) than the Qi charger I have. I find the charging to be faster, more reliable (consistently charges without the need for finicky placement), and like that it does not put out an audible beep when charging like some chargers do. These are all HUGE pluses, since most of us buying this clock are doing so because it combines Bluetooth along with Qi (wireless) charging.


[A NOTE ON IPHONES & WIRELESS CHARGING: Iphones do NOT currently come with the ability to charge wirelessly; however, you CAN charge your Iphone wirelessly IF you purchase a Qi/wireless case like that which I linked above. Other phones, like Samsung models, do have this capability built in. I recommend and use the case linked above because it is slim and has the easy to unplug lightning port for standard charging when needed. Conversely, I am not a fan of the Touch Charge (the makers of my Iphone 6 case) dockTouch Charge Qi Enabled Wireless Charging Pad - Jet BlackSo, for fellow Iphone owners out there, I HIGHLY recommend a quality Qi enabled case, and this clock for charging. Sure, this is a clock, but it's a better charger than the 4 other Qi chargers I've tried before. See my video attached to see this clock in action.]



I also REALLY love the ease and functionality of the dimming feature and the ability to completely dim the light at night – this is one of my biggest complaints with ALL alarm clocks – BRILLIANT! There is a button on the front that kind of reminds me of a space bar on a keyboard. It serves two functions: it will snooze your alarm, OR, it will dim the light. I just LOVE this feature. So it’s a soft white/gray/blue(ish) light to begin with – which is good. But you hit it once and it dims a little. Hit it again and it dims to low. And here is where they REALLY step it up… hit it a third time and it goes OFF without interrupting the functionality! Want to go back to bright, just hit that button again and the cycle starts over!



I want to call out my appreciation that they didn’t overlook the importance of a backup battery (included CR2032). The port/cover on my battery slot is scratched from me, I had some difficulty opening it. I found a butter knife worked best for the size and width of the grooves. I have a few other alarm clocks, and my previous favorite (before I got the DreamQi) did not have a backup battery. It drove me nuts when the power went off. Of course, most of the time you’ll want to charge it with the included AC power adapter located on the back. While looking at the back, I’ll add, this is where you set the time, and where you’ll also find 2 more ports. One is the auxiliary audio cable (which they include), which allows you to play your music without using Bluetooth or hogging battery power from your device. The second is a USB port which can be used to charge another device of your choosing with a 2.1 AMP output.



Looking at, or listening to, the sound, it’s decent for a little alarm clock. There are two speakers (one on each side), each with 3W (for 6 total watts) with build in “bass boost.” The alarm can be set to go off with the built in alarm sounds, or, through your device using Bluetooth (you must have an alarm set up to go off via your phone, and it will play whatever audio/music that alarm goes off to). Speaking of alarms, there are two alarms. Alarm 1 is for one time use (meaning, it doesn’t reset every night). Alarm 2 is for repeated/daily use. You can easily turn the alarms on or off with the top buttons.



For future models, it might be beneficial to consider including a remote control (to change songs, pause, play and adjust volume). I think a remote (for when phone is playing and charging simultaneously) would be a nice addition. It would also be beneficial to incorporate an AM/FM receiver; you cannot listen to radio on his alarm clock. I was fortunate enough to get this as a discount; however, all opinions (good & bad) are my own/unbiased opinions. I ordered this here on Amazon and it arrived in 2 days with Prime shipping. Overall, I’m very happy with this alarm clock. At the time of posting, this is listed on sale at $106.25 (15% off the original price of $125.00). In fact, I’d like to get a second so my husband can have one on his side of the bed – the charger works that well and I don’t like to share. :)

Full Review & Photos available at: http://www.amazon.com/review/RQ94UL5FHQJY/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B013KQ1NF6

No comments:

Post a Comment