Thursday, August 20, 2015

SpyderGrip - Hands-Free Cell PhoneHolder Backpack


First, what the heck is Spydergrip? (From the manufacturer)
"The Spydergrip is a lightweight, washable, military grade, stretch, UNIVERSAL-fit pouch that comfortably fits on your back with an additional inner pocket to also carry your keys, change, ID cards and other belongings while training and/or working out. Even irritating earbuds are no longer an issue since the Spydergrip allows your earphones to run up behind your neck and out of the way of your range of motion. Spydergrip works amazing with activities like running, cycling, crossfit, riding, snowboarding, rock climbing, course training, all sports, working and so much more. In addition, Spydergrip will fit with all iPhones 3- 6 (not 6+)/iPod devices (with or without a case) and fits most androids, blackberries and windows mobile phones up to 3 1/4 inches in width and 5 1/2 inches in height."


What are my thoughts?

I am so jazzed with this product. I  got it to use while rollerblading, but have used it while doing yard work, and other exercise. I wanted something other than the old-school armband and this was the ticket! I will agree with what one reviewer said about it being close to your armpit - this was also the case with me. Though, I want to note (for me) it didn't rub/hurt, it was just an annoyance. However, I don't see how it could fit properly (snugly) and not be up against the armpit. 

The material seems to be quick-drying (sweat), and is soft. I appreciated that the edges were well stitched so they won't unravel or rub uncomfortably. There are actually two pockets in the main pocket... so you lift the flap and insert your phone, IPod, etc. One is shorter than the other (this is I assume for a small MP3 player that you want raised up to reach the ports), and the other/main is for phones. I used the bigger one for my IPhone 6, but sometimes found I accidentally inserted it into the slot for the shorter gadgets which made it tough to close. It was an easy fix and this attribute actually makes sense. 

While I'm a female, I'm not a 'girly-girl,' so I  opted for the grey one. Plus, my husband would be more likely to use the grey color than the pink. But, I like it so much, I may just order a second so we can each have our own. He still does yardwork with his phone in the pocket of his basketball shorts (I have no idea how he can stand that long cord hanging down!).

I think the positioning of this (close to your head) makes it where you could listen to your music without headphones if you wanted to. For me, I used the headphones. Plus, using the Apple headphones allowed me to use the built-in button to switch tracks on my playlist. I'd have to take it off to change songs/tracks if I didn't have this feature on my headphones. They also planned for it to work with any phone, so they put two slits at the top (in case your headphone jack is on the other side).

Lastly, I'll touch a little more on the fit of this. It SHOULD fit snug, so you need to be able to tighten it enough to avoid moving around. For reference, my husband is a big guy (>200 lbs.), and I'm <140 lbs. We can each easily adjust the straps to fit our different sizes/body shapes. The Velcro (see close up picture) isn't your typical cheap scratchy Velcro. I don't know what it's made of, but it holds securely without those scratchy loops you see in most Velcro. It's definitely an upgrade in the materials they use, which I appreciate.

Overall, I'm very happy with this and wholeheartedly recommend it. Now I just need to get another one!

If you want one of your own, you can get it here on Amazon, or here on the company's website. Currently, it is cheaper on Amazon but this may change... 











No comments:

Post a Comment